Enterprise M3 believes our area will achieve accelerated economic expansion through active support of innovation and growth in high value industries. The Enterprise M3 area has a strong base in our world-class academic and research institutions and rich diversity of top level and niche sub-sectors that will allow us to develop innovation and the advancement of new technologies.
Our aim is to support the impact of investment in these specialist areas by helping better connect research to the local business community and unlocking opportuntiies that would not otherwise be developed.
- Drive and support innovation
- Foster a culter of enterpreneurship
- Support business growth in key sectors such as aerospace/space, cyber security, digital economy and pharmaceuticals
- Secure investment in our world-class universities and research base where advances in knowledge can be nurtured and innovation can be transferred to the business base
- Facilitate interaction between the research base and industry, so knowledge can quickly be converted into economic benefits
- Working in partnership with the University of Surrey to secure £60m of funding for the 5G Innovation Centre
- Royal Holloway University of London, industry and Enterprise M3 are working to develop an innovation centre that will advance the university's cyber security research and help support the creation of UK businesses that will take this world-leading - - Research into global markets
- Working with universities to develop models of good practice around incubation in our key centres, such as in Basingstoke where the local authority and developers are already working with the Surrey Research Park.
- A project to create a new purpose-built Innovation Centre at the Tannery Studios in Send (near Woking) was allocated £1.3m from the Growing Enterprise Fund. It is anticipated that the new centre will create 350 new jobs in the area.
Innovation, and the role Enterprise M3 can play in supporting it in our area, features heavily in our EUSIF Stratetgy and draft Strategic Economic Plan. We are also in the process of developing an Innovation Strategy.
For more information, contact Chris Quintana at firstname.lastname@example.org.