The Enterprise & Innovation Group (EIG) leads on behalf of the Enterprise M3 Board on all matters relating to Enterprise and Innovation with particular reference to the areas identified within the Strategic Economic Plan and EU Strategy.
- Scrutiny of the activities and outputs arising from the Growth Hub, 5G and Local Growth Deal funded projects relating to Enterprise & Innovation.
- Engagement with a wide range of employers, directly and through their representative bodies and sector networks, to ensure that their enterprise and innovation needs are understood and that they play as full a part as possible in the implementation of the Strategy.
- Engagement with key business support and skills providers responsible for delivering information, advice and guidance to ensure that their enterprise and innovation services meet the needs of local businesses.
- Overseeing the delivery of the Strategic Economic Plan action plan to ensure that outcomes are being met and drive the development of alternative actions where they are not.
- Keeping under review the enterprise and innovation needs of the Enterprise M3 economy now and in the future and determine any implications.
- Determining, through the Enterprise M3 Board, the allocation of any enterprise and innovation funding devolved to delivery partners. The Enterprise & Innovation board will review the deployment of the funds involved to ensure that the intended impact is being achieved and that a coordinated approach is being adopted that maximizes the impact of the available resources.
- Ensuring that the relevant government departments and national agencies understand the importance of meeting the enterprise and innovation support Enterprise M3 needs to deliver its very specific growth targets, including the necessary flexibilities.
- Ensuring that Enterprise M3 takes full advantage of funding opportunities (at the local, national and European levels) for enterprise and innovation.
For further information about the Enterprise & Innovation Action Group, please contact Chris Quintana, Enterprise M3 Project Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.