This project delivered five inter-linked measures that improve the attractiveness of public transport which will benefit all of the Growth towns and two step-up towns. These were to:
• Equip Stagecoach buses in the Basingstoke, Aldershot, Farnborough, Whitehill and Bordon, Alton, Ringwood, Petersfield, Winchester areas with on-board free Wi-Fi, to enable bus passengers to make full productive use of travel time
• To similarly equip these buses with on bus audio-visual (A-V) next stop announcements, to give confidence to occasional or infrequent bus travellers as to where to alight.
• Equip five rail stations – Basingstoke, Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford and Woking, with free Wi-Fi to enable Rail passengers to make full productive use of travel time
• Install Wi-Fi at Andover Bus Station
• Provision of real time information displays at Winchester Bus Station.
This was supported by Stagecoach South installing new ticket machines to their fleet equipped with automatic vehicle tracking.