This scheme improves the pedestrian and cycle network along Fleet Road by providing a safe crossing for those wishing to access the station and a additional cycle link into the rail station car park, The improvements also facilitate pedestrian movements associated with the Waterfront Business Park. The measures delivered consist of;
• Retain and improve existing carriageway cycle lanes;
• Improve existing crossing point at island near the rail station;
• Improve cycle exit from the carriageway in advance of crossing; and
• Implement off road shared use cycle track link to the rail station car park.
• Off road shared use cycle track on the south side of Fleet Road between the rail station and the junction of Bramshott Place; and
• Uncontrolled crossing across the Premier Inn exit, to be incorporated into the existing traffic signal crossing.