A package of sustainable transport measures comprising cycling and walking and bus corridor improvements along the A308 The Causeway which will bring forward planned development opportunities and unlock further economic growth.
The package provides improved connectivity into and through the Business area, between Staines and Egham and with Runnymede Roundabout improvements connect to educational establishments including Royal Holloway University of London and Strode’s College.
• Introduce off road shared footway/cycle-ways on the south of the road from Egham roundabout to Woodhaw Roundabout
• Upgrade bus stops along The Causeway.
• Convert puffin crossing to toucan crossing outside British Gas.
• Introduce new staggered toucan crossing just to the east of Woodhaw roundabout.
• Removal of on road sub-standard cycle lanes and resurfacing of the carriageway between Egham and Woodhaw roundabouts, together with associated anti-skid surfacing on approaches to new toucan crossings.
• Enhancements to the Woodhaw Roundabout dovetailing with the Runnymede roundabout major scheme.