The package of Blackwater Valley cycle and pedestrian improvements incorporates schemes on the A331 and parts of the wider Blackwater Valley Sustainable Transport Package of cycle and pedestrian route improvements.
The first element is the A331 Cycle and Pedestrian Link which also complements the Meadows Gyratory Improvements, providing a continuous cycling and pedestrian footpath between the Meadows and Sainsbury's. It provides:
• modernisation of Stanhope Road traffic signal junction.
• modernisation of Riverside Way traffic signal junction.
• construction of a shared pedestrian cycle path between Stanhope Road and Sainsbury's.
• construction of new crossing facilities.
• installation of new safety barriers.
• resurfacing of carriageway and replacement of road markings.
The wider Blackwater Valley Sustainable Transport Package provides a safe and protected cycle route between Meadows to Frimley, linking into existing cycle ways into Farnborough and Aldershot. These work included in the element of the package are:
• a new TOUCAN crossing to provide a link across the A331 at the junction with Riverside Way to the Blackwater Valley leisure route.
• upgraded Blackwater Valley Path providing improved access to the Frimley Business Park and access to Frimley station.
• upgraded bridleway to provide improved access to Farnborough North station
• an improved east-west sustainable access across the Blackwater Valley linking Frimley Green to Farnborough.
The improvements enable continuity of cycle and pedestrian routes from Meadows southwards along the Blackwater Valley and provide cycle accessibility to key employment and commercial sites along this corridor.
The Orange, Red and Green routes are now complete, the blue route is due to be completed by 31 March 2018.